Have you ever experienced sensitivity when consuming something warm or cold? Actually, tooth sensitivity is what is referred to as that sensitivity in the dentistry sector. It typically occurs when you eat anything that is either too cold or too warm, which immediately stimulates the nerves in your mouth. It is crucial to obtain a sensitivity treatment from your nearest emergency dentist Bend Oregon because this sensitivity has the potential to cause further discomfort if it persists for a longer period of time.
For your information, untreated sensitive teeth can also lead to a decrease in enamel and can set off various mouth infections. So, if you have tooth discomfort while eating or drinking, your top priority should be to get in touch with an emergency dentist Bend Oregon.
Explanation about Sensitive Teeth
According to contemporary family dentistry, dental sensitivity in teeth occurs due to worn-out enamel or an exposed root. The outer layer of the nerves is the enamel recedes further toward the merter escort end.
When these layers come in contact with hot or cold substances, a sensitive or painful sensation develops in the mouth, potentially spreading to the roots and causing more damage.
If you have a loose tooth, it is better to immediately go and see a dentist. Because this only tooth can cause problems for your other teeth and lead to sensitivity.
What is the reason that can cause sensitivity in teeth
The following are some of the reasons that can cause sensitivity in your teeth:
- Do you grind your teeth? If yes, stop doing that because teeth grinding can lead to sensitivity. Usually, people grind their teeth due to anger or in situations where they lose control, leading to uneven teeth on the sides and corners.
- If you are having gum tissue issues, there is a chance you can feel insensitivity in your gums. Check with your dentist to get your gums treated from the beginning; otherwise, they will develop with time without notice.
- Are you a food lover? Is beer your go-to drink? Well, you are probably on the verge of developing dental issues because beer and other acidic meals cause dental problems if consumed on a regular basis.
- We often consume too much sugar without knowing the problems it causes to our oral health. Sweets can damage your teeth because they get stuck to the teeth, which later requires repeated brushing to get them finally removed.
- Many people take the phrase ‘no pain, no gain’ so seriously that they even start to show strength while brushing. Rough brushing is harmful to your pulp and can also damage tooth enamel.
- The development of plaque is also one of the problems. If you are facing one, you need to see your dentist to get proper treatment in one or more sittings.
- Taking stress not just affects the overall health, but it also causes issues for oral health. Many of us are unaware of this, which is why it is important to understand that stress can also make you visit your nearest dentist.
What are the possible treatments to get rid of tooth sensitivity
Although there are many treatments that can help you get rid of sensitivity; however, in this section, we have discussed some of the easiest ways. Let’s check out what those remedies are:
- Brushing twice a day, too, using a soft brush can easily relax your gums and help you get rid of sensitivity.
- It’s best to use medicated toothpaste to eliminate tooth sensitivity. Besides that, these kinds of toothpaste help you with teeth whitening, which also helps you enhance your smile.
- Most of the painful sensation comes because of eating acidic meals and cold beverages. Avoiding it for frequent times can help you prevent catching any sensitivity in the teeth. Try eating fresh juices, milk, and yogurt because these things, rather than causing damage, help strengthen your teeth.
- Consult your dentist about the usage of teeth rinsing. It is one of the ways which can make a huge impact in eliminating tooth sensitivity.
It is advised against performing any DIY operations at home since they risk damaging the tooth and the nearby nerves, which a dentist might not be able to fix. Therefore, if you have any of the discomfort or symptoms we have discussed in the section above, it’s best to call or visit an emergency dentist Bend Oregon, as he or she will be able to immediately give you the right treatment.